Phuket mafia - September 22, 2009
andrew-drummond.com has a series of hair-raising articles about the recent confrontations between tourists and the Phuket mafia and other incidents related to the "Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand" series: ...We filmed the mafia but suddenly we are the criminals apparently. The atmosphere is a little bit hysterical. The Marines are behind me thank god.
The gun incident happened on Phuket when a young marine Jack Tebbott from Leicester was kidnapped by tattooed mafia figures, who control what's for sale on Phuket's' Patong Beach...
Camera director of Big Trouble in Thailand makes "tactical withdrawal"
Foreigner arrested after Big Trouble in Thailand documentary
I apologise to the Thai people but blame the film-makers - JJ (updated)
Swiss couple flee jet ski operator in terror - Chaweng
Thai jet ski boss took cash off the US Marines too
British Royal Marines ready to go to "war" over Thai gun confrontation
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way
- You cannot fight with those who made the rules
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?