Phuket mafia - September 22, 2009
andrew-drummond.com has a series of hair-raising articles about the recent confrontations between tourists and the Phuket mafia and other incidents related to the "Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand" series: ...We filmed the mafia but suddenly we are the criminals apparently. The atmosphere is a little bit hysterical. The Marines are behind me thank god.
The gun incident happened on Phuket when a young marine Jack Tebbott from Leicester was kidnapped by tattooed mafia figures, who control what's for sale on Phuket's' Patong Beach...
Camera director of Big Trouble in Thailand makes "tactical withdrawal"
Foreigner arrested after Big Trouble in Thailand documentary
I apologise to the Thai people but blame the film-makers - JJ (updated)
Swiss couple flee jet ski operator in terror - Chaweng
Thai jet ski boss took cash off the US Marines too
British Royal Marines ready to go to "war" over Thai gun confrontation
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets
- Weekly News Magazines: Clever, Cautious, Creative in Democracy, January, 2018
- Trapped by the whistle
- They make the law for their own purposes