Phuket mafia - September 22, 2009
andrew-drummond.com has a series of hair-raising articles about the recent confrontations between tourists and the Phuket mafia and other incidents related to the "Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand" series: ...We filmed the mafia but suddenly we are the criminals apparently. The atmosphere is a little bit hysterical. The Marines are behind me thank god.
The gun incident happened on Phuket when a young marine Jack Tebbott from Leicester was kidnapped by tattooed mafia figures, who control what's for sale on Phuket's' Patong Beach...
Camera director of Big Trouble in Thailand makes "tactical withdrawal"
Foreigner arrested after Big Trouble in Thailand documentary
I apologise to the Thai people but blame the film-makers - JJ (updated)
Swiss couple flee jet ski operator in terror - Chaweng
Thai jet ski boss took cash off the US Marines too
British Royal Marines ready to go to "war" over Thai gun confrontation
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished