Phuket mafia - September 22, 2009
andrew-drummond.com has a series of hair-raising articles about the recent confrontations between tourists and the Phuket mafia and other incidents related to the "Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand" series: ...We filmed the mafia but suddenly we are the criminals apparently. The atmosphere is a little bit hysterical. The Marines are behind me thank god.
The gun incident happened on Phuket when a young marine Jack Tebbott from Leicester was kidnapped by tattooed mafia figures, who control what's for sale on Phuket's' Patong Beach...
Camera director of Big Trouble in Thailand makes "tactical withdrawal"
Foreigner arrested after Big Trouble in Thailand documentary
I apologise to the Thai people but blame the film-makers - JJ (updated)
Swiss couple flee jet ski operator in terror - Chaweng
Thai jet ski boss took cash off the US Marines too
British Royal Marines ready to go to "war" over Thai gun confrontation
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees