Thailand won't extradite suspected arms dealer - NYT, August 11, 2009
...According to the U.S. indictment, Mr. Bout told the agents he could deliver 700 to 800 surface-to-air missiles, 5,000 AK-47 assault weapons, millions of rounds of ammunition, land mines, C-4 explosives and unmanned aerial vehicles. The weapons, he allegedly told the agents, would be airdropped into the jungles of Colombia "with great accuracy."
...In fighting the extradition request, Mr. Bout claimed that agents from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration violated Thai law by apprehending him on their own before calling in the Thai police. Chamroen Panompakakorn, Mr. Bout's lawyer, also says the undercover D.E.A. agents were also carrying firearms in contravention of Thai law...
- Bloody October 2008
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Political parties in a coma
- The burning parties
- They messed up the country
- Weekly News Magazines: Secret Plan to Destroy Thaksin, August, 2018
- Should they still fight for Thaksin?
- Jatuporn’s back