Thais are divided over royal pardon for Thaksin: Abac poll - The Nation, July 13, 2009
...Senator Prasarn Maruekhapitak said it was erroneous to make a comparison between the signature campaign carried out on Thaksin's behalf and the tradition of sounding a bell to petition the King in the Sukhothai era.
"In the past like the Sukhothai era, the petition would not have happened because a convict who showed no remorse and was involved in the Songkran mayhem, would have been beheaded along with family members up to seven generations," he said.
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way
- You cannot fight with those who made the rules