Ten steps to close down an open society - Costal Post, July, 2009
[You may have missed last year's coup... Not sure what the author is referring to. They seem to be mistaking the 2006 coup with the Red Shirt version of events of April 2009.]
Last autumn, there was a military coup in Thailand. The leaders of the coup took a number of steps, rather systematically, as if they had a shopping list. In a sense, they did. Within a matter of days, democracy had been closed down: the coup leaders declared martial law, sent armed soldiers into residential areas, took over radio and TV stations, issued restrictions on the press, tightened some limits on travel, and took certain activists into custody...
- The temple as hostage
- Pride and money comes at the same time
- Chuwit is BACK!
- Everyone wants to use Section 44!
- Fees for the police
- Hack my house
- Weekly News Magazines, January 13-27, 2017
- Weekly News Magazines, January 27-February 10, 2017
- Buffalo-Surrounded Pagoda
- Please let us arrest him!
- Carrying the rich man