Wear black campaign under way - Bangkok Post, July 24, 2009
[The writer of the Post article is tiptoeing around the belief some have that Thaksin's birthday celebration is being conducted in a manner that parallels celebrations for the King and is thus another provocative challenge to the establishment.]
...Now what does that mean anyway? Those who are not aware of the significance or insignificance of that particular day, which is this Sunday, should not feel sorry about it. There is, in fact, nothing special about it. It is just another Sunday, which just happens to be the birthday of deposed former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who will be turning 60.
So I guess you should by now grasp the meaning of the twitter message which, I suspect, was started by someone to counter the birthday celebrations planned by Thaksin's supporters...
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- Siamese Priest, Pricipal Gate of Wat Cheng, 1899
- Same cartoon idea from both pro- & anti-Thaksin cartoonists
- More Thai editorial cartoons featuring President Obama
- Nine Years Ago Today: The Enforced Disappearance of Somchai
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Thaksin’s “Electric Pole” Candidate Laid to Rest
- Thai Ratings Raised by Fitch on Yingluck Stability
- The violent farang mafia that run Thailand’s flourishing boiler room scams and sex industry
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully