Wear black campaign under way - Bangkok Post, July 24, 2009
[The writer of the Post article is tiptoeing around the belief some have that Thaksin's birthday celebration is being conducted in a manner that parallels celebrations for the King and is thus another provocative challenge to the establishment.]
...Now what does that mean anyway? Those who are not aware of the significance or insignificance of that particular day, which is this Sunday, should not feel sorry about it. There is, in fact, nothing special about it. It is just another Sunday, which just happens to be the birthday of deposed former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who will be turning 60.
So I guess you should by now grasp the meaning of the twitter message which, I suspect, was started by someone to counter the birthday celebrations planned by Thaksin's supporters...
- Disappearing article on lese majeste
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Thaksin’s public beatings
- Gen. Prayuth could dismiss PM Prayuth?
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Thaksin – The Business of Politics in Thailand
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Why foreigners criticize Thai people who speak “Siamese Talk”
- Anonymous Posters at Thammasat University
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- WOW! Thailand’s first tunnel under the Chao Phraya River is underway