Wear black campaign under way - Bangkok Post, July 24, 2009
[The writer of the Post article is tiptoeing around the belief some have that Thaksin's birthday celebration is being conducted in a manner that parallels celebrations for the King and is thus another provocative challenge to the establishment.]
...Now what does that mean anyway? Those who are not aware of the significance or insignificance of that particular day, which is this Sunday, should not feel sorry about it. There is, in fact, nothing special about it. It is just another Sunday, which just happens to be the birthday of deposed former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who will be turning 60.
So I guess you should by now grasp the meaning of the twitter message which, I suspect, was started by someone to counter the birthday celebrations planned by Thaksin's supporters...
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later
- Slain Italian Photographer’s Last Photos Unveiled
- Part V – Ian Neumegen
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- Big Brother Shocks Thailand
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Politics in the Age of Thaksin
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- Road to Victory is Red
- 2Bangkok Situation Update: Divining the Plan