Discovering Puchaosamingphrai Fort - thaiblogs, July 20, 2009
Wow! This is cool! Richard writes: Using an old map that marked Puchaosamingphrai Fort, together with Google Earth, I managed to locate something that looked like it could be some ruins of the fort tucked between two buildings. I drove over there at the weekend and to my delight I discovered what was indeed the very dilapidated ruins of the fort. The place was falling down and was very overgrown with vegetation...
And map of forts and guns in Samut Prakan Province
Also: The lost forts of Rattanakosin
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?