Manchester City's fortunes wane and wax in tale of two billionaires - Guardian, April, 2009
...Few at City doubt that Thaksin used the club to boost his own standing in Thailand. Thai dignitaries were entertained at matches and the City team taken on a tour of the country - for which, the accounts show, 47,912 was paid for PR services to a company owned by Thaksin's son, Panthongtae Shinawatra. Thaksin's own total contribution has been itemised: 17.5m to pay off Wardle and Makin's 20m loans, and he also lent the club 21m, at annual interest rates of up to 11.83%...
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Knives out for Sudarat