Excerpts from Dubai interview with Thaksin Shinawatra - FEER, March 6, 2009
...You talk about this reconciliation. What shape would that take? For example, what about a government of national reconciliation? Is that something you could support?
I think it depends on both sides. If it were to be national reconciliation government it means that there would be no opposition. When there's no opposition it is not good for democracy. But sometimes you need it for a short period of time to amend the constitution. This constitution is not working for Thailand. It's really the product of the military junta, so it's not going to work for Thailand, and the political process must be reformed to improve to a more mature democracy...
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey
- Run to oust Prayuth