Bangkok: A land of hot dogs and chilly soldiers - Independent, January 17, 2009
...But while Britain is blasted by Arctic winds, the Thai notion of "winter" is somewhat comical. Consider the dinner table I shared one evening with six Thai army officers in the northern hills, when the night-time temperature was a balmy 18C. These tough-looking military men baulked at this terrifying cold, adorning themselves in jumpers, scarves and woolly gloves. I sat beside them -- slightly provocatively, perhaps -- in T-shirt and shorts...
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Sudarat
- We need conscription
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?