Court drops defamation case against Bangkok Post - Bangkok Post, October 16, 2008
...The case was officially dropped because the plaintiff, the state-owned Airports of Thailand (AOT), withdrew charges that the paper had defamed it.
...The dismissal of the case included both the newspaper and Mr Kowit, who was listed as editor of the Bangkok Post at the time. He had faced up to two years in jail if the court had found the newspaper guilty of defamation.
The defamation case filed during the premiership of Thaksin Shinawatra, who reportedly was personally angry about the newspaper report.
- Chakri Memorial Day
- From 2002: ‘The dark age of cowardly dumbed-down TV’
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: US War Criminal
- 12 Years Ago: Thaksin’s Lucky Son Wins Subway Deal
- 15 Years Ago: Thaksin’s Quest for Gold
- Happy Songkran
- US democracy standard
- Thaksin’s monks
- Thaksin’s web
- Bangkok’s ‘deadly rich kids’ get away with murder
- Songkran 2009: Red Shirts overrun ASEAN venue, take govt hostages in Bangkok