Court drops defamation case against Bangkok Post - Bangkok Post, October 16, 2008
...The case was officially dropped because the plaintiff, the state-owned Airports of Thailand (AOT), withdrew charges that the paper had defamed it.
...The dismissal of the case included both the newspaper and Mr Kowit, who was listed as editor of the Bangkok Post at the time. He had faced up to two years in jail if the court had found the newspaper guilty of defamation.
The defamation case filed during the premiership of Thaksin Shinawatra, who reportedly was personally angry about the newspaper report.
- Constitution Day
- The King’s Birthday
- Eight Years Ago: Airport Seized
- 7 years ago: Thaksin to receive $425 per month as Hun Sen advisor
- New requirements for long stay visa
- The real reason people are poor
- The U.S. supports IS
- Thaksin still not dead
- Handouts to rural people end up helping who?
- Death by Facebook
- Thailand’s censorship