Court drops defamation case against Bangkok Post - Bangkok Post, October 16, 2008
...The case was officially dropped because the plaintiff, the state-owned Airports of Thailand (AOT), withdrew charges that the paper had defamed it.
...The dismissal of the case included both the newspaper and Mr Kowit, who was listed as editor of the Bangkok Post at the time. He had faced up to two years in jail if the court had found the newspaper guilty of defamation.
The defamation case filed during the premiership of Thaksin Shinawatra, who reportedly was personally angry about the newspaper report.
- The real reason people are poor
- Thailand’s censorship
- The temple as hostage
- Pride and money comes at the same time
- Chuwit is BACK!
- Everyone wants to use Section 44!
- University hostages
- Fees for the police
- Hack my house
- Donald Trump: America’s Berlusconi (or Thaksin, or Hariri, or…)
- What’s really behind Thailand’s hostility to Chinese tourists?