Court drops defamation case against Bangkok Post - Bangkok Post, October 16, 2008
...The case was officially dropped because the plaintiff, the state-owned Airports of Thailand (AOT), withdrew charges that the paper had defamed it.
...The dismissal of the case included both the newspaper and Mr Kowit, who was listed as editor of the Bangkok Post at the time. He had faced up to two years in jail if the court had found the newspaper guilty of defamation.
The defamation case filed during the premiership of Thaksin Shinawatra, who reportedly was personally angry about the newspaper report.
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Dhammakaya leaving Thailand?
- Bangkok’s Pig
- It’s everywhere
- Prayuth and his elders
- No interest in no interest