Thai troops 'did not surrender' - Bangkok Post, October 17, 2008
...One of the 10 Thai soldiers reported to have surrendered to Cambodian troops during Wednesday's border skirmishes yesterday denied they had been detained. He said the team was a communications unit coordinating with a similar Cambodian unit, and they were still working freely in the disputed area.
''We are not being detained. We did not surrender,'' Apichart Pupuak told Reuters by telephone from the shrine on Preah Vihear...
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Weekly News Magazines: Red Bull and the Shy Tiger, September, 2017
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally