And the story from the print version of the magazine: The Top 15 Wealthiest Royals
Also from the print version: The Crowning Fortune
...Last year FORBES ASIA valued
it at a conservative $5 billion. Other estimates have put it at $8
billion. But this year--using an exhaustive academic study of the
monarchy's investment arm, the Crown Property Bureau--FORBES ASIA now
values the fortune at $35 billion.
...But bureau adviser Aviruth says simply: "The
utmost aim [of the bureau is] to uphold the royal prestige and kindness
of the monarchy. We feel that - we should - disclose certain
information for the benefit of the public."
Thailand rebuffs Forbes' claims about king's wealth - AFP, August 23, 2008
..."Forbes has included land and other assets
belonging to the Crown Property Bureau, which is not in His Majesty's
personal net worth," it said...
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Heaven vs Hell
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work