Medical tourism is great -- for those who can afford it - Alternet, August 21, 2008
...According to a recent Deloitte report,
Thailand, the world's leading medical tourism hub, saw 1.2 million
medical tourists from around the world in 2006. On average, medical
procedures in Thailand cost a mere 30 percent of American prices.
India, another destination that sees more than 400,000 medical tourists
each year, charges just an average of just 20 percent as much as the
U.S. Thousands of Americans also flock to Mexico and South America
every year for cosmetic and dental surgery, where procedures cost
anywhere from 75 to 50 percent less than they do in the U.S...
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- It’s only about Thaksin
- Both hand out money for votes
- China supports the junta?
- Pro-Junta groups and the pro-democratic groups
- Weekly News Magazines: Bike for Love and Warmth, December, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: All about politics, December, 2018
- Forget the Old Past Party
- Abandoning their ideology and betraying the people
- Pheu Thai’s heart
- Weekly News Magazines: Election Delay, January, 2019