Medical tourism is great -- for those who can afford it - Alternet, August 21, 2008
...According to a recent Deloitte report,
Thailand, the world's leading medical tourism hub, saw 1.2 million
medical tourists from around the world in 2006. On average, medical
procedures in Thailand cost a mere 30 percent of American prices.
India, another destination that sees more than 400,000 medical tourists
each year, charges just an average of just 20 percent as much as the
U.S. Thousands of Americans also flock to Mexico and South America
every year for cosmetic and dental surgery, where procedures cost
anywhere from 75 to 50 percent less than they do in the U.S...
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash
- Danger for the junta
- Thanathorn got his mom in trouble