Revered Buddhist monk passes away, but leaves behind a life's work to remind his fellow Buddhists - translated and summarized from Matichon, October 12, 2007
The death of revered Buddhist monk Luang Por Panyanandha Bhikkhu was recently announced [October 10]. Phra Panyanandha devoted his entire life to the Buddhist religion, and taught many people to follow the good principles of the Lord Buddha. Many Buddhists will mourn the death of this revered monk, but he has left behind his works and his teachings to remind his fellow Buddhists of the principles that they should continue to follow. Phra Panyanandha was widely known for his focus on the attainment of true Buddhist wisdom through daily good deeds.
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished