Don't twist the history of the 1976 October 6 Massacre! - translated and summarized from Matichon, February 21, 2008
There has been no retraction by Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej of his claim in a recent CNN interview that only one person was killed in the October 6 Massacre of 1976. On February 18, the Prime Minister spoke to Parliament in an attempt to clarify his position, but he still continues to insist to the media that he took no part in the massacre.
The Leader of the Democrat Party - Abhisit Vejjajiva - and the Chairman of the Democrat Party’s Advisory Council - Chuan Leekphai - have both expressed their disapproval of Samak’s comments. A debate between the two opposing sides of the issue was also broadcast on TV Channel 11 recently.
Our history should not be revised for political purposes. There is clear evidence from both photographic and moving images that a large number of people were tortured and murdered in the Massacre.
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Offloading Subway Coaches
- Thailand Tax Refund Claims – 10 Truths to Share with Foreigners
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Thaksin hits his political mentor with land encroachment charges
- Nike Factories In Thailand
- Is Gen. Prayuth really growing “eccentric” or “superstitious” as Time Magazine claims?
- End of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- Bangkok Trams (1894-1968) Main Page
- Bangkok Mass Transit of the Future 2005