1% change - translated and summarized from Komchadluek, February 22, 2008
The Cabinet - led by the People Power Party (PPP) under Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej - has completed its heavily-criticized appointment of a cabinet-support team, comprised of ministerial secretaries and cabinet advisors. Prime Minister Samak (also the PPP Leader) had earlier voiced his own strong doubts about the suitability and qualifications of those nominated for positions in the cabinet-support team. His comments could be interpreted as merely an effort to keep his own image clean, however. Indeed, his own criticisms do seem to have been largely fruitless. Only 1% of the proposed appointments were changed after the PM made his remarks. I would like to comment that this PPP-led Cabinet has now demonstrated that it is prepared to completely ignore public sentiment.
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work