People’s rights and liberty - translated and summarized from Thai Rath, March 13, 2008
Foreign Minister Noppadon Pattama said the movement of the People’s Alliance for Democracy has negatively affected the nation’s image among other countries. The columnist is surprised to hear such a comment from the lawyer-minister, which is against the principle of democracy and certain constitutional provisions regarding people’s rights to express their views and gather in a public place. The columnist wonders which countries the foreign minister mentioned as democratic countries around the globe consider such a political movement an ordinary activity. On the contrary, countries worldwide have negative attitudes towards a state prohibiting its people to protest, gather, or view their opinions.
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Political parties in a coma
- Top Red Shirts join with the military
- Chinese cartoonist
- They messed up the country
- The burning parties