Festival of unregretted deaths - translated and summarized from Komchadluek, April 16, 2008
The Thai New Year Festival (AKA Songkran) is a time of year when the high death toll on our roads is always highlighted in the media on a daily basis. We really need to be far more concerned about this carnage. The high number of car accidents - during each Thai New Year celebration - cause a massive loss of life, do a great deal of damage to property and incur huge medical costs for the injured. These all place a heavy burden on both our economy and our society.
I believe that the Songkran road-safety campaign should be conducted in a more serious and somber manner. I also believe that our traffic laws need to be far more punitive and far more strictly enforced than they are at present. The annual campaign also needs to focus on the heavy social consequences of irresponsible driving, by promoting the idea that it is socially unacceptable to flaunt the traffic laws.
- Sudarat is finished
- Weekly News Magazines: End Game, March, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: Mouse Over Lion, March-April, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: What Happened to Joke, April, 2019
- Election Commission Dye Service
- Weekly News Magazines: Restrict Abolish Eliminate Thanathorn, April, 2019
- Thanathorn’s foreign parents
- Feeling pity for Hulk and Wonder Woman
- Proof of authoritarianism
- Instruct for hatred
- Waiting for a miracle to operate on arms and legs