Effect of the Bangkok bust - NST, April, 2008
...Despite the severity of the offence in the Bangkok bust, the traders who pleaded guilty were let off with a mere 10,000 baht (RM1,000) fine.
This was a mere slap in the wrist considering that some RM320,000 worth of shahtoosh shawls seized and over one thousand endangered antelopes were slaughtered. “It’s not good, but at least the offenders had to go on trial and all the shahtoosh shawls were seized,” says Galster, who was speaking at the network’s second workshop in Kuala Lumpur early this year...
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!
- Kissing in parliament