Thai-ing the mortality knot - Weekend America, April 10, 2008
[Don't miss the many opinionated comments at the bottom using terms like "power dynamics" and "gender roles."]
...I called my dad a few hours before he left for Thailand, to see what was compelling him to do what, in my mind, looked like a modern twist on the mail-order bride. Last fall, my father turned 60 just days after his own father died. I knew that was tough for him -- maybe it had something to do with this trip.
"Yes, absolutely. It was a tough birthday," says my dad over the phone...
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!
- Kissing in parliament