Merit-Making: A New Gimmick and Game-Plan - The Nation, April 22, 2008
...There is one short cut - equally dangerous but tempting and less time-consuming: the same method that ousted him. Thaksin can do it with his unmatched war chest and power structure. It can be done because the stakes are high enough - freedom from legal troubles and possible imprisonment, not to mention the return of his Bt62 billion.
Financing a putsch, greasing the hands of potential military commanders, offers a high degree of hope for success despite the great risks involved. The country would be like Burma for several months, but soon enough it should be restored to normal. This is just a confirmation of the rumours of a coup several weeks ago. It is just a question of who will do it...
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- More on police buying their promtions
- Abhisit for leader!