Merit-Making: A New Gimmick and Game-Plan - The Nation, April 22, 2008
...There is one short cut - equally dangerous but tempting and less time-consuming: the same method that ousted him. Thaksin can do it with his unmatched war chest and power structure. It can be done because the stakes are high enough - freedom from legal troubles and possible imprisonment, not to mention the return of his Bt62 billion.
Financing a putsch, greasing the hands of potential military commanders, offers a high degree of hope for success despite the great risks involved. The country would be like Burma for several months, but soon enough it should be restored to normal. This is just a confirmation of the rumours of a coup several weeks ago. It is just a question of who will do it...
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- Talking to the snake
- The rich man is not full yet
- Red Shirt and Black Panther
- RIP “Rong” Narong Prapasanobol, cartoonist