Thailand's head of disaster alert center quits, citing lack of government support - Bangkok Post, March 13, 2008
...Smith Thammasaroj, chairman of the National Disaster Warning Center, said he stepped down because the government failed to make his ad-hoc agency more effective by granting it legal status as an independent body.
"We have no power to hire people, to give our employees any security, buy necessary equipment or make any decision at all," he said. "Disaster prevention work requires flexibility and efficiency..."
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Move to the Jurassic era
- Weekly News Magazine: Getting Ready for the Political Future, April, 2018
- Political vacuum cleaners
- Fertilizing the junta party with crap of the past
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies