Noppadon rejects sanctions, Burmese to 'vote no' - Bangkok Post, March 14, 2008
Thailand opposes the western sanctions on neighbouring Burma and will help to prop the Burmese military junta's planned constitutional referendum in May, Foreign Minister Noppadon Pattama said on Friday.
"Thailand disagrees with sanctions," said Mr Noppadon before he took off with Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej for a quick, official visit to Burma.
Mr Noppadon's statement put the Thai government firmly against Burmese activists who announced a "Vote No" campaign for the referendum...
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- The military party deserves a head start
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets