Noppadon rejects sanctions, Burmese to 'vote no' - Bangkok Post, March 14, 2008
Thailand opposes the western sanctions on neighbouring Burma and will help to prop the Burmese military junta's planned constitutional referendum in May, Foreign Minister Noppadon Pattama said on Friday.
"Thailand disagrees with sanctions," said Mr Noppadon before he took off with Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej for a quick, official visit to Burma.
Mr Noppadon's statement put the Thai government firmly against Burmese activists who announced a "Vote No" campaign for the referendum...
- Too Many Unemployed Creating Smog
- Same allies, different kingpin
- New Year’s Cartoons: Goodbye Dog Year
- Election posters: Looking at you
- No exit
- New Year’s Cartoons: Wave Goodbye to the Old Year
- Analysis: The last time a coup chief became prime minister after elections
- Dictatorship or Democracy
- New Year’s Cartoons: This year will have an election
- New Year’s Cartoons: Happy new year without sadness
- Unknown as Pheu Thai’s PM pick