Noppadon rejects sanctions, Burmese to 'vote no' - Bangkok Post, March 14, 2008
Thailand opposes the western sanctions on neighbouring Burma and will help to prop the Burmese military junta's planned constitutional referendum in May, Foreign Minister Noppadon Pattama said on Friday.
"Thailand disagrees with sanctions," said Mr Noppadon before he took off with Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej for a quick, official visit to Burma.
Mr Noppadon's statement put the Thai government firmly against Burmese activists who announced a "Vote No" campaign for the referendum...
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Move to the Jurassic era
- Political vacuum cleaners
- Weekly News Magazine: Getting Ready for the Political Future, April, 2018
- Fertilizing the junta party with crap of the past
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies