Samyan revived - Bangkok Post, March 13, 2008
...University's property redevelopment excises one of the last relics of the 1997 financial crash, writes Anchalee Kongrut
For almost a decade, an unfinished concrete structure at Samyan intersection has served as a bleak reminder of the economic malady of 1997 - the so-called "tom yam kung disease".
The structure, belonging to Chulalongkorn University, was one of the 508 incomplete buildings abandoned by over-extended developers as overwhelming bad debt in the real estate sector sparked an economic crisis which spread throughout the region...
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Political parties in a coma
- Top Red Shirts join with the military
- Chinese cartoonist
- They messed up the country
- The burning parties