Samyan revived - Bangkok Post, March 13, 2008
...University's property redevelopment excises one of the last relics of the 1997 financial crash, writes Anchalee Kongrut
For almost a decade, an unfinished concrete structure at Samyan intersection has served as a bleak reminder of the economic malady of 1997 - the so-called "tom yam kung disease".
The structure, belonging to Chulalongkorn University, was one of the 508 incomplete buildings abandoned by over-extended developers as overwhelming bad debt in the real estate sector sparked an economic crisis which spread throughout the region...
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example
- It’s the people’s fault for voting
- The Shinawatras lie about fleeing
- News from the 1890s