Samyan revived - Bangkok Post, March 13, 2008
...University's property redevelopment excises one of the last relics of the 1997 financial crash, writes Anchalee Kongrut
For almost a decade, an unfinished concrete structure at Samyan intersection has served as a bleak reminder of the economic malady of 1997 - the so-called "tom yam kung disease".
The structure, belonging to Chulalongkorn University, was one of the 508 incomplete buildings abandoned by over-extended developers as overwhelming bad debt in the real estate sector sparked an economic crisis which spread throughout the region...
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Move to the Jurassic era
- Weekly News Magazine: Getting Ready for the Political Future, April, 2018
- Political vacuum cleaners
- Fertilizing the junta party with crap of the past
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies