Officials tried to force arms dealer Bout to US: lawyer - AFP, March 17, 2008
...Yan Dasgupta, one of three Russian lawyers representing Bout, said that after Bout's arrest on March 6 at a five-star Bangkok hotel, US and Thai officials tried to verbally and physically force him onto a plane.
"Some governmental officials at the moment of his detention tried to actually send him to United States without following proper extradition procedure prescribed by the law," Dasgupta said.
"He was doing everything in his power including physical resistance not to fly to the US," he told reporters in Bangkok...
- Thaksin shifts puppets
- Express condolences to beloved cartoonist Tom
- Big men have the same excuses
- The Power of the Ax
- Cabinet going over the falls
- Weekly News Magazines: Bad Omens at Govt House, February, 2018
- Student Hero
- Drinking blood
- Last thing he saw
- I burned the city? When?
- Who will help Premchai escape?