Officials tried to force arms dealer Bout to US: lawyer - AFP, March 17, 2008
...Yan Dasgupta, one of three Russian lawyers representing Bout, said that after Bout's arrest on March 6 at a five-star Bangkok hotel, US and Thai officials tried to verbally and physically force him onto a plane.
"Some governmental officials at the moment of his detention tried to actually send him to United States without following proper extradition procedure prescribed by the law," Dasgupta said.
"He was doing everything in his power including physical resistance not to fly to the US," he told reporters in Bangkok...
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example
- It’s the people’s fault for voting
- The Shinawatras lie about fleeing