Oxfam urges Thailand to keep generic drugs programme - AFP, February 19, 2008
..."We urge the government to listen to the poor people in Thailand," she said.
Under the scheme, Thailand's previous military government issued so-called compulsory licences, which temporarily suspend patent protections for pricey medicines and allow production of cheaper and copycat versions.
The move has angered Western drug giants, which called it an infringement on their intellectual property rights, but activists have hailed it, saying it was a "beacon" for other developing nations seeking cheaper medicines for the poor...
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work