Thailand Collapses into Democracy - ShortNews.com, January, 2008
Apparently this "article" was removed from the news summary site, ShortNews.com because it included comedic editorializing. Here is the version from Google cached: Without any US invasion, carpet bombing or even massive sanctions, Thailand’s rulers have for some unknown reason ended 16 months of military junta and restored parliamentary rule to its citizens.
Billionaire businessman, Thaksin Shinawatra, the former leader of Thailand, was exiled to Britain in a coup after extensive accusations of corruption. His party, the People Power Party (PPP), won almost half the seats in the lower house.
Current PPP leader Samak Sundaravej will most likely be his successor as Prime Minister. Pundits in Washington are still baffled as to how democracy could take root without their permission and without outside intervention.
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Hi-so hypocrites as shameless as immoral low-so entertainers เสแสร้งเป็นไฮโซก็น่าอับอาย เท่ากับผู้ให้ความบันเทิงที่เป็นโลโซ
- From the 2B forum: Election Articles
- Drone camera footage of the protests in progress
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Vietnam, Thailand & Cambodia urged to stop using vague concepts such as "national security", "sovereignty" or "lèse-majesté" to intimidate & harass dissent
- Directions to Bangkok's 24-hour casinos
- Students attack bus with Red Shirts inside
- Thailand’s 84-year-old King Bhumibol treated with intravenous antibiotics for abdominal pain ในหลวงถูกรักษาโรคปวดพระอุทรโดยการให้พระโอสถปฏิชีวนะทางสายโลหิตดำ
- Going into a joint venture in Thailand: Megalomania, Gangsterism, and “Sue me, this is my country”