Subway to profit by 2011 - Passenger numbers still well below target - Bangkok Post, January 21, 2008
...The subway, which runs from Hua Lamphong to Bang Sue with a total distance of 20 kilometres, currently carries 195,000 passengers daily. BMCL hopes for 210,000 daily passengers by the end of the year...
...'It's not until we reach 300,000 daily passengers, which will hopefully happen in the next two to three years, that we would be able to make a profit from the operations,'' he said.
...BMCL and Bangkok Mass Transit System (BTS), which operates two Skytrain elevated rail lines, can carry a combined 600,000 passengers a day...
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter