Subway to profit by 2011 - Passenger numbers still well below target - Bangkok Post, January 21, 2008
...The subway, which runs from Hua Lamphong to Bang Sue with a total distance of 20 kilometres, currently carries 195,000 passengers daily. BMCL hopes for 210,000 daily passengers by the end of the year...
...'It's not until we reach 300,000 daily passengers, which will hopefully happen in the next two to three years, that we would be able to make a profit from the operations,'' he said.
...BMCL and Bangkok Mass Transit System (BTS), which operates two Skytrain elevated rail lines, can carry a combined 600,000 passengers a day...
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- What happens to the people Thaksin appoints?
- One lotus is above the water
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Rutting Dogs/Rutting Politicians
- Mark sinking