Subway to profit by 2011 - Passenger numbers still well below target - Bangkok Post, January 21, 2008
...The subway, which runs from Hua Lamphong to Bang Sue with a total distance of 20 kilometres, currently carries 195,000 passengers daily. BMCL hopes for 210,000 daily passengers by the end of the year...
...'It's not until we reach 300,000 daily passengers, which will hopefully happen in the next two to three years, that we would be able to make a profit from the operations,'' he said.
...BMCL and Bangkok Mass Transit System (BTS), which operates two Skytrain elevated rail lines, can carry a combined 600,000 passengers a day...
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- It’s only about Thaksin
- Both hand out money for votes
- China supports the junta?
- What the US could learn from Thailand about health care coverage
- Weekly News Magazines: Bike for Love and Warmth, December, 2018
- Pro-Junta groups and the pro-democratic groups
- Weekly News Magazines: All about politics, December, 2018
- Forget the Old Past Party
- Enjoy the mutual benefit
- Abandoning their ideology and betraying the people