Hasn’t really quit politics! - translated and summarized from Thai Rath, December 13, 2007
Several political parties have cast doubt on former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s frequent claims that he has actually quit politics. This doubt is fueling concerns that there might be considerable political problems in the run-up to the upcoming election.
Since his September 18 ouster in 2006, Thaksin’s words have always seemed to be in stark contrast to his actual actions. He has continued to attack the interim government and the Council for National Security at every opportunity.
An election campaign VCD for the People Power Party (PPP) has recently been launched. At one part during the video, the commentary runs:
“Let us all gather together to set up a new party called the People Power Party. You, the public, understand us. And you already know how much we are under attack”.
This VCD is making many people wonder whether Thaksin Shinawatra is actually one of the founders of the PPP – and especially since this would be a transgression of the law.
If Thaksin had really quit politics, the political problems in the current election run-up would undoubtedly be less severe - and the upcoming election would stand a much better chance of returning peace to the country.
- Nine Years Ago: Thaksin Allies Try to Take Over Matichon & the Bangkok Post
- 1976: A Nightmare of Lynching and Burning
1976 ฝันร้ายของการลงประชาทัณฑ์ และ เผาทั้งเป็น
- Is Gen. Prayuth really growing “eccentric” or “superstitious” as Time Magazine claims?
- Eight Years Ago Today: The Night of the Coup
วันนี้เมื่อ 8 ปีที่แล้ว : คืนวันรัฐประหาร
- The rubbish talks back
- Eight Years Ago: Editorial cartoons from before the 2006 coup
- October 14, 1973
- Stocks of “Well-known Families” Rising
- Eight Years Ago Today: Thaksin Attempts to Declare a State of Emergency
วันนี้เมื่อ 8 ปีที่แล้ว : ทักษิณประกาศภาวะฉุกเฉิน
- Imposing a curfew is really not democratic
- 11 Years Ago Today: Shinawatra grooming himself for south-east Asia leadership
วันนี้เมื่อ 11 ปีที่แล้ว: ชินวัตรเตรียมตัวที่จะเป็นผู้นำแห่งเอเชียตะวันออกเฉียงใต้