Holly Deane-Johns back after seven years in Thai jail hell - PerthNew, December, 2007
...In other correspondence, she wrote of the horrors of life in a Thai jail.
"You live like an animal here,'' she said. "You just don't live like people here.
"Sometimes all the water is turned off in the prison, everywhere. You can wait 20 minutes when you are desperate to go to the toilet.
"Drinking water sometimes has lice and pubic hairs in it.''
Deane-Johns' release has divided West Australians, with many saying she should serve out her sentence in Thailand...
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!
- Kissing in parliament