Thai goalposts keep moving - SMH, December 8, 2007
To see the more bizarre extension of Thailand's current election campaign you need to browse a few websites like goal.com, aimed at fans of soccer's English Premier League.
There you will read that the deputy head of the Democrat Party, Apirak Kosayodhin, who is also Governor of Bangkok, last month signed a deal with Everton for its players and coaches to train a squad of young players at the Bangkok Football Academy.
This was to counter the kudos gained in soccer-mad Thailand by the exiled political rival of the Democrats, the ousted prime minister and billionaire Thaksin Shinawatra, with his recent purchase of Manchester City, followed by the club's recruitment of three Thai players and its announcement of plans to open football academies in Thailand...
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- They are going to get Prawit
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- The military party deserves a head start
- Not Richard Mille