Thai goalposts keep moving - SMH, December 8, 2007
To see the more bizarre extension of Thailand's current election campaign you need to browse a few websites like goal.com, aimed at fans of soccer's English Premier League.
There you will read that the deputy head of the Democrat Party, Apirak Kosayodhin, who is also Governor of Bangkok, last month signed a deal with Everton for its players and coaches to train a squad of young players at the Bangkok Football Academy.
This was to counter the kudos gained in soccer-mad Thailand by the exiled political rival of the Democrats, the ousted prime minister and billionaire Thaksin Shinawatra, with his recent purchase of Manchester City, followed by the club's recruitment of three Thai players and its announcement of plans to open football academies in Thailand...
- Thanathorn’s foreign parents
- Proof of authoritarianism
- Feeling pity for Hulk and Wonder Woman
- Waiting for a miracle to operate on arms and legs
- Price for the whole group of cobra politicians
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- They did not violate the law
- Songkran alcohol warning
- Hopewell was a great investment
- Thanathorn must learn from Thaksin