Thai goalposts keep moving - SMH, December 8, 2007
To see the more bizarre extension of Thailand's current election campaign you need to browse a few websites like goal.com, aimed at fans of soccer's English Premier League.
There you will read that the deputy head of the Democrat Party, Apirak Kosayodhin, who is also Governor of Bangkok, last month signed a deal with Everton for its players and coaches to train a squad of young players at the Bangkok Football Academy.
This was to counter the kudos gained in soccer-mad Thailand by the exiled political rival of the Democrats, the ousted prime minister and billionaire Thaksin Shinawatra, with his recent purchase of Manchester City, followed by the club's recruitment of three Thai players and its announcement of plans to open football academies in Thailand...
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?
- Sorry for using excessive force
- Weekly News Magazines: Suriya leaves Phea Thai, June, 2018
- Thai police still protect Yingluck overseas
- Weekly News Magazines: Tears of Suthep, June, 2018
- Pheu Thai defectors
- Weekly News Magazine: The Rescue, July 13-20, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in