Police arrest man over 10 murders - Security guards sleeping on the job led to killing spree - Bangkok Post, November 11, 2007
...The 30-year-old, who had worked as a security guard for slightly more than one year, decided to punish other security guards after his attempts to wake them failed.
''I used to wake them up, but they scolded me. So I've remained enraged since then,'' said Mr Witaya.
...If Mr Witaya is found to have a mental illness, his punishment will be reduced...
This kind of story is perfect for "Weird News" filler in the foreign press--along with a humorous headline: Workplace etiquette: Don't kill your sleeping coworkers with chunks of wood
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Political parties in a coma
- They messed up the country
- Should they still fight for Thaksin?
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Turn the ship around
- Jatuporn’s back
- Whatever he defecates… it is sacred