Police arrest man over 10 murders - Security guards sleeping on the job led to killing spree - Bangkok Post, November 11, 2007
...The 30-year-old, who had worked as a security guard for slightly more than one year, decided to punish other security guards after his attempts to wake them failed.
''I used to wake them up, but they scolded me. So I've remained enraged since then,'' said Mr Witaya.
...If Mr Witaya is found to have a mental illness, his punishment will be reduced...
This kind of story is perfect for "Weird News" filler in the foreign press--along with a humorous headline: Workplace etiquette: Don't kill your sleeping coworkers with chunks of wood
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Remembering the Downfall of Thaksin Shinawatra’s CEO-state
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?