Thailand's 'human zoos' - Times Online, November, 2007
...Yet conditions in the villages are “worse than prison”, the women say. “Our men are forbidden to seek work, we cannot grow our own food and if we try to leave, we are beaten,” says Mun Mun, who lives in the village of Nai Soi. “We have no privacy. We are like animals in a zoo.”
Officials who run the villages deny that the women are exploited and say they are free to leave. But six who recently tried to flee were allegedly kidnapped and returned to work in the tourist village...
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- The military party deserves a head start
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets