Thailand's 'human zoos' - Times Online, November, 2007
...Yet conditions in the villages are “worse than prison”, the women say. “Our men are forbidden to seek work, we cannot grow our own food and if we try to leave, we are beaten,” says Mun Mun, who lives in the village of Nai Soi. “We have no privacy. We are like animals in a zoo.”
Officials who run the villages deny that the women are exploited and say they are free to leave. But six who recently tried to flee were allegedly kidnapped and returned to work in the tourist village...
- The King’s Birthday
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Don’t cling to power!
- The reason Prawit must stay
- Watch for Prayuth in the next elections
- Asylum for a rhino
- The Democrats join in the burning
- 21 Years Ago: Newin’s canvassers caught red handed in vote buying
- Some just want elections
- Forgotten krathong
- Weekly News Magazines: Loving Prayuth, November, 2017