The Hunt for Ieng Sary in Thailand - source unknown, October 12, 2007
The Thai Embassy in Cambodia has said that the Thai
Government will make efforts to hunt for, arrest, and send back to
Cambodia suspected ex-Khmer Rouge [KR] leaders, who should be brought
to trial at the KR Tribunal [KRT] if they flee to Thailand.
A local news media quoted a Thai embassy letter as stating on 3 October
that the Thai Government, too, had contributed $24,331 toward this
tribunal. Therefore, it did not think that the suspects would possibly
escape to Thailand. However, the Thai Government would not remain
indifferent to this matter if it could actually happen. It would hunt
for, arrest, and deport them to Cambodia.
The first secretary of the Thai Embassy to Cambodia, Thitichai
Sengpithak said he believed the possibility that the remaining suspects
had fled to Thailand was very minimal, because the authorities were
watching over them vigilantly.
It should be pointed out that Ieng Sary, former foreign minister of the
KR regime, who is likely to be a suspect of the KRT, is currently in
Bangkok having a heart checkup.
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter