Marking Time in Thailand - Washington Post, October 2, 2007
...Kraisak Choonhavan, a Thai senator until last year's
military coup d'etat, said Thais cringe when they hear Western leaders
say Burma's repressive military government previously had not generated
high-level attention because it did not create a security problem
beyond its borders. Viewed from Thailand, he said, Burma's junta, in
power for more than 40 years, and the recurring explosions of violence
it has engendered are clearly risks because of the number of people
fleeing here for safety.
"For us, it is indeed a security problem," he said...
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military