Coming soon: $10 million for a flat in Bangkok? - FinanceAsia, September 14, 2007
...The rumour mill in Bangkok is in full swing.
Benjaporn Chatkaew, director of sales and marketing at rival high-rise
Le Raffine, says, “I understand prices start at Bt200,000 there, but go
up as high as Bt400,000 ($12,000)". Le Raffine is a recently completed
development into which Hong Kong’s hedgies are known to have bought
million dollar palatial duplexes. Prices in top condo developments in
Bangkok cap out at about Bt150,000 per square metre at present, so the
Sukhothai will set a new upper benchmark.
“$12,000 per square metre is outrageous, this is what you get in a very
well located district in Paris, and even in the Champs Elysees,” says
Parisian Richard Bigg of Star Research in Bangkok. “Which one would you
chose if you had the money? Residing in Paris or in noisy Bangkok near
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Remembering the Downfall of Thaksin Shinawatra’s CEO-state
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King