Coming soon: $10 million for a flat in Bangkok? - FinanceAsia, September 14, 2007
...The rumour mill in Bangkok is in full swing.
Benjaporn Chatkaew, director of sales and marketing at rival high-rise
Le Raffine, says, “I understand prices start at Bt200,000 there, but go
up as high as Bt400,000 ($12,000)". Le Raffine is a recently completed
development into which Hong Kong’s hedgies are known to have bought
million dollar palatial duplexes. Prices in top condo developments in
Bangkok cap out at about Bt150,000 per square metre at present, so the
Sukhothai will set a new upper benchmark.
“$12,000 per square metre is outrageous, this is what you get in a very
well located district in Paris, and even in the Champs Elysees,” says
Parisian Richard Bigg of Star Research in Bangkok. “Which one would you
chose if you had the money? Residing in Paris or in noisy Bangkok near
- The King’s Birthday
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Don’t cling to power!
- The reason Prawit must stay
- Watch for Prayuth in the next elections
- Asylum for a rhino
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Let the politicians go!
- Weekly News Magazines: the Runner Succeeds Where the Junta Fails, November, 2017
- 21 Years Ago: Newin’s canvassers caught red handed in vote buying
- Some just want elections