Arakanese Monks Arrested for Demonstration in Bangkok - Narinjara News, September 14, 2007
... A monk who is a close associate of the two reported
that they were arrested by Thai police 15 minutes after they staged the
demonstration by holding posters in front of Burma's embassy in
Thai police first attempted to block them from staging the protest, but
the monks persisted in their efforts. Shortly after, the Thai police
rounded them up and took them to an unknown location, a witness said.
Thai police attempted to disrobe the monks to remove their respected
status, but were advised by Thai monks to follow Buddhist religious
principals. The two monks were sent to Bangkok's central jail for
- The King’s Birthday
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Don’t cling to power!
- The reason Prawit must stay
- Watch for Prayuth in the next elections
- Asylum for a rhino
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Let the politicians go!
- Weekly News Magazines: the Runner Succeeds Where the Junta Fails, November, 2017
- 21 Years Ago: Newin’s canvassers caught red handed in vote buying
- Some just want elections