Year on, Thailand's "good coup" gets failing grade - Reuters, September 19 2007
...It also failed to prise Thaksin from his central position in Thai politics, despite his party being disbanded for electoral fraud and 111 of its executives, including him, banished from politics for five years.
The billionaire telecoms tycoon has kept a mesmerising grip on the country.
A referendum last month that approved a military-backed constitution showed Thaksin still commanded considerable support in the countryside, where most Thais live and which helped him to two landslide election victories, especially in the north...
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey