Plan for sea canal puts Hindu belief in sharp relief - Washington Post, September 18, 2007
...The Indian government began dredging the shallow
ocean bed two years ago and is now poised to break apart Adam's Bridge,
whose demolition is necessary to allow ships to traverse a direct route
between the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal. But the project has
become entangled in a complex web of resistance from environmentalists,
fishermen, political parties and Hindu activists...
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out