NESDB hopes to jump-start stalled Mor Chit mall project - Bangkok Post, August 14, 2007
... The decision is the latest delay in the programme, which was first proposed in the mid-1990s as a new commercial, retail and transport hub for North Bangkok. Located on the site of the former Mor Chit bus terminal on Phahon Yothin Road, the development would cover 900,000 square metres.
Two floors of the site have been completed, one dedicated to a train depot for the Bangkok Skytrain and a second as a park-and-ride facility. Work on the third section, originally planned as a condominium, hotel and shopping mall complex, has stalled after the original contract was mired in corruption allegations and the contractor, Sun Estate, was hit with financial troubles during the 1997 economic crisis...
Earlier: Sun Estate's Mor Chit development
- Remembering Black May 1992
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Remembering the Red Shirt Protests of 2010
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way