NESDB hopes to jump-start stalled Mor Chit mall project - Bangkok Post, August 14, 2007
... The decision is the latest delay in the programme, which was first proposed in the mid-1990s as a new commercial, retail and transport hub for North Bangkok. Located on the site of the former Mor Chit bus terminal on Phahon Yothin Road, the development would cover 900,000 square metres.
Two floors of the site have been completed, one dedicated to a train depot for the Bangkok Skytrain and a second as a park-and-ride facility. Work on the third section, originally planned as a condominium, hotel and shopping mall complex, has stalled after the original contract was mired in corruption allegations and the contractor, Sun Estate, was hit with financial troubles during the 1997 economic crisis...
Earlier: Sun Estate's Mor Chit development
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees