NESDB hopes to jump-start stalled Mor Chit mall project - Bangkok Post, August 14, 2007
... The decision is the latest delay in the programme, which was first proposed in the mid-1990s as a new commercial, retail and transport hub for North Bangkok. Located on the site of the former Mor Chit bus terminal on Phahon Yothin Road, the development would cover 900,000 square metres.
Two floors of the site have been completed, one dedicated to a train depot for the Bangkok Skytrain and a second as a park-and-ride facility. Work on the third section, originally planned as a condominium, hotel and shopping mall complex, has stalled after the original contract was mired in corruption allegations and the contractor, Sun Estate, was hit with financial troubles during the 1997 economic crisis...
Earlier: Sun Estate's Mor Chit development
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions