NESDB hopes to jump-start stalled Mor Chit mall project - Bangkok Post, August 14, 2007
... The decision is the latest delay in the programme, which was first proposed in the mid-1990s as a new commercial, retail and transport hub for North Bangkok. Located on the site of the former Mor Chit bus terminal on Phahon Yothin Road, the development would cover 900,000 square metres.
Two floors of the site have been completed, one dedicated to a train depot for the Bangkok Skytrain and a second as a park-and-ride facility. Work on the third section, originally planned as a condominium, hotel and shopping mall complex, has stalled after the original contract was mired in corruption allegations and the contractor, Sun Estate, was hit with financial troubles during the 1997 economic crisis...
Earlier: Sun Estate's Mor Chit development
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets
- Weekly News Magazines: Clever, Cautious, Creative in Democracy, January, 2018