JBIC agrees to lend B5.76bn for Purple line - Bangkok Post, August 14, 2007
...The three routes are expected to cost 160 billion baht in total, with 45 billion going to the Purple line; 59 billion for the Red line, which runs from Rangsit to Bang Sue and Bang Sue to Taling Chan; and 52.5 billion for the Blue line stretching from Bang Sue to Tha Phra and Bang Khae and Hua Lamphong to Tha Phra.
...The new light rail lines will be integrated with the current Bangkok subway and Bangkok Skytrain systems. Economists hope that work on the new lines, which are expected to take four years to complete, will help stimulate economic growth in 2008 and jump-start private investment in the property sector.
- Remembering Black May 1992
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Remembering the Red Shirt Protests of 2010
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way