JBIC agrees to lend B5.76bn for Purple line - Bangkok Post, August 14, 2007
...The three routes are expected to cost 160 billion baht in total, with 45 billion going to the Purple line; 59 billion for the Red line, which runs from Rangsit to Bang Sue and Bang Sue to Taling Chan; and 52.5 billion for the Blue line stretching from Bang Sue to Tha Phra and Bang Khae and Hua Lamphong to Tha Phra.
...The new light rail lines will be integrated with the current Bangkok subway and Bangkok Skytrain systems. Economists hope that work on the new lines, which are expected to take four years to complete, will help stimulate economic growth in 2008 and jump-start private investment in the property sector.
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions