JBIC agrees to lend B5.76bn for Purple line - Bangkok Post, August 14, 2007
...The three routes are expected to cost 160 billion baht in total, with 45 billion going to the Purple line; 59 billion for the Red line, which runs from Rangsit to Bang Sue and Bang Sue to Taling Chan; and 52.5 billion for the Blue line stretching from Bang Sue to Tha Phra and Bang Khae and Hua Lamphong to Tha Phra.
...The new light rail lines will be integrated with the current Bangkok subway and Bangkok Skytrain systems. Economists hope that work on the new lines, which are expected to take four years to complete, will help stimulate economic growth in 2008 and jump-start private investment in the property sector.
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished