JBIC agrees to lend B5.76bn for Purple line - Bangkok Post, August 14, 2007
...The three routes are expected to cost 160 billion baht in total, with 45 billion going to the Purple line; 59 billion for the Red line, which runs from Rangsit to Bang Sue and Bang Sue to Taling Chan; and 52.5 billion for the Blue line stretching from Bang Sue to Tha Phra and Bang Khae and Hua Lamphong to Tha Phra.
...The new light rail lines will be integrated with the current Bangkok subway and Bangkok Skytrain systems. Economists hope that work on the new lines, which are expected to take four years to complete, will help stimulate economic growth in 2008 and jump-start private investment in the property sector.
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets
- Weekly News Magazines: Clever, Cautious, Creative in Democracy, January, 2018