Controversial picture replaced - Bangkok Post, August 14, 2007
...The committee has withdrawn the old picture, which showed a hand-held conch being used to pour water onto the hand of a dead person to imply that smoking can cause death.
In Thai tradition, a conch is normally used for auspicious ceremonies such as weddings, not funerals...
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished