Foreign Business Act stopped - Bangkok Post, August 9, 2007
... Diplomats have said the new law, which already tightened restrictions on new foreign investment by defining ownership in terms of voting rights instead of shareholding, would trigger a challenge at the World Trade Organisation.
Despite this, analysts say the government's draft left scope for foreigners to control the companies in which they invested by having a majority presence on the board -- a loophole the last-minute addition was designed to close...
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Chavalit is very fit
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Political parties in a coma
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Chinese cartoonist
- Top Red Shirts join with the military