Foreign Business Act stopped - Bangkok Post, August 9, 2007
... Diplomats have said the new law, which already tightened restrictions on new foreign investment by defining ownership in terms of voting rights instead of shareholding, would trigger a challenge at the World Trade Organisation.
Despite this, analysts say the government's draft left scope for foreigners to control the companies in which they invested by having a majority presence on the board -- a loophole the last-minute addition was designed to close...
- Remembering Black May 1992
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Remembering the Red Shirt Protests of 2010
- Baby Party
- AP: Bangkok Post editor ousted for criticizing Thailand’s military government
- Thai markets open for the Chinese