Foreign Business Act stopped - Bangkok Post, August 9, 2007
... Diplomats have said the new law, which already tightened restrictions on new foreign investment by defining ownership in terms of voting rights instead of shareholding, would trigger a challenge at the World Trade Organisation.
Despite this, analysts say the government's draft left scope for foreigners to control the companies in which they invested by having a majority presence on the board -- a loophole the last-minute addition was designed to close...
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Mark sinking
- There was a bribe too
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example