Foreign Business Act stopped - Bangkok Post, August 9, 2007
... Diplomats have said the new law, which already tightened restrictions on new foreign investment by defining ownership in terms of voting rights instead of shareholding, would trigger a challenge at the World Trade Organisation.
Despite this, analysts say the government's draft left scope for foreigners to control the companies in which they invested by having a majority presence on the board -- a loophole the last-minute addition was designed to close...
- Too Many Unemployed Creating Smog
- Matichon comes to its 42nd year
- Same allies, different kingpin
- New Year’s Cartoons: Goodbye Dog Year
- No exit
- Election posters: Looking at you
- New Year’s Cartoons: Wave Goodbye to the Old Year
- New Year’s Cartoons: This year will have an election
- New Year’s Cartoons: Happy new year without sadness
- Unknown as Pheu Thai’s PM pick
- Yingluck kicked out