Reading the Middle East in Bangkok - Global Politician, August 5, 2007
...While the country has many problems and real poverty it has also made remarkable progress. Moreover, it has a good record of solving internal disputes and avoiding problems with neighbors. For Thais, it could not be more obvious that problems should be examined in practical, logical terms in order to find solutions without resort to fanaticism or ideology. How could people choose to flatten their own countries?
...Third, alongside this Western-oriented approach is a strong sense regarding the security of their identity. Listening to classical music, reading Shakespeare, or wearing Western clothes do not make them frightened of ceasing to be Thai...
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Mark sinking
- There was a bribe too
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example