Teaching in Thailand on a tourist visa - ABS-CBN, June 11, 2007
...He said the fact that Filipino teachers in Thailand were once employed as teachers in the Philippines provides them with an edge over the other teachers there.
“They could not cope with the actual teaching problems and the demand of the work in terms of teacher-learner relations,” Danny said, adding there is also “our deep-seated values of patience, perseverance, loyalty, hard work, resiliency, flexibility, malleability even.”
Besides, Danny said, being a teacher in Thailand is different from being one in the Philippines. In Thai schools, there is almost no extra paperwork unlike in the Philippines “where teaching jobs would kill you with tons and tons of paperwork that are not really very important.”
Danny also said that, “We come here (Thailand) to teach and not as tourists. The whites (Caucasians) come here and go for the teaching job just so they could earn for their stay and adventures.”
He said Caucasians do not even understand or simply refuse to understand the reason why one has to stay in the workplace from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.when you only have a class at 11 a.m. or at 2 p.m...
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash