City blinded by money in race to bind Thais - Man City should think twice before accepting Thaksin Shinawatra's millions - The Guardian blogs, May 23, 2007
...A spokesman for Seymour Pierce, which stands to make considerable fees if the deal goes ahead, said Thaksin's record had been considered:
"The information we have is that Thaksin was a successful and popular prime minister who was removed by a military coup. There are strict rules on money laundering and politically exposed persons, and we and all the professional advisers are satisfied we are able to act for Thaksin Shinawatra..."
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Heaven vs Hell
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work