Thais tepid about changing name back to Siam - Bangkok Post, April 17, 2007
[One of the humorous comments in the petition: "Siam is shorter to write. Thailand is too long and wastes ink."]
Historian Charnvit Kasetsiri says he has not given up in his bid to change Thailand's name back to Siam, despite a lukewarm public response to the idea. Mr Charnvit launched his campaign online at www.petitiononline.com/siam2007 two weeks ago, seeking public support to have the name Siam restored in the new constitution...
More successful seems to be the Free Thai Cinema Movement Petition
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!
- Kissing in parliament