From a flyer handed out in Bangkok:
1. To offer people more opportunities to submit complaints and problems resulting from police's operation or negligence in carrying out their duty;
2. To receive information and hints about people's problems, unfair treatment, vice, crimes and other illegal activities;
3. To promote justice, offer services and solve people's problems in a fast and transparent manner;
4. To offer people a chance to express their ideas about police's operation;
5. To be used as a tool to examine police's operation; and
6. To bring back people's confidence and build a good image of the Royal Thai Police.
Establishment of Complaint Center
1. The Royal Thai Police: The Office of the Inspector-General set up a complaint center, controlled and supervised by inspectors. The center is open for people nationwide.
2. The Metropolitan Police Bureau: A complaint center was set up at the Metropolitan Police Bureau to receive complaints about problems in Bangkok.
3. Provincial offices: A compliant center was set up at each provincial office to receive complaints in the province.