Shitdisco on playing Thailand: "They asked us how long we wanted to go for... two months!" - drownedinsound.com, April, 2007
So what does a festival in Bangkok look like? Lots of crusty white dudes and over privileged gap year students called Cynthia monging about on pills to the dance-rock revolution?
“Actually, It was a real indigenous crowd at the festival – 10,000 people watching our stage. It’s a bit daunting - it was the biggest gig we’ve ever played, and I ran around not sure what to do with myself, and during the set I naturally managed to fall over.”
- 25 Years Ago: Black May
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: Thaksin to return by year’s end to resume the war on drugs
- 16 years ago: Thaksin’s strange start as prime minister – Finding a gold hoard
- From 2009: The collapse of the first Red Shirt siege of Bangkok
- Thai Editorial Cartoons on the Stolen Plaque
- The Secret Submarine: News Magazines, April-May, 2017
- What do these bombs mean?
- Locking the Media: Weekly News Magazines, May, 2017
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings