'Tribune' reporter's fallacy: Thai anti-foreigner sentiment - The Nation, March 23, 2007
I am quite amazed by the thrust of this article, which claims that the Thai people have become anti-foreigner only seven months after the coup...
Earlier: Famed Thai hospitality shows signs of strain - International Herald Tribune, March 20, 2007
Over the past seven months, successive Thai governments have passed measures scrutinizing land purchases by non-Thais and clamping down on long-stay retirees and expatriate workers who lack proper visas. In January, the cabinet passed a sweeping bill that tightened restrictions on foreign companies, a measure that awaits final approval...
"We are getting a lot of weird retirees here," Vongthip said. "They can't survive in your country so they come here."
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Heaven vs Hell
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work